A holiday in Andaman is incomplete without a trip to the exotic islands of Havelock and Neil. Both these places are the most visited islands on the Andamans. Naturally, everyone going for an Andaman island experience spends 2-3 days in Havelock & Neil. For this, they take a 90 minutes ferry from Port Blair.
Green Ocean 1 and Green Ocean 2 are some of the many ferries operating from Port Blair to Havelock Island and Neil Island. Green Ocean 1 and Green Ocean 2 make for a relaxed ferry experience. The ferry is designed in such a way that it not only offers a comfortable seating space but also an open area for passenger movement. This allows guests to enjoy the scenic beauty in and around the Andaman islands. The Green Ocean 1 and Green Ocean 2 ferries to Havelock and Neil Island can be booked online through their website or through authorized partners like Go2Andaman.
About Green Ocean
Green Ocean Cruise is a ferry operating to Havelock Island from Port Blair. Green Ocean 1 offers a serene experience to its travelers. It not only provides a comfortable seating area but also a guest movement area, for guests to be able to get some fresh air. Green Ocean 2 is a fully air-conditioned ferry with no open deck area. Green Ocean 1 has a total of 316 seats divided into 3 categories namely Deluxe, Luxury, and Royal. It also has an open-air cafeteria and in-built music entertainment to make the journey memorable.
To enjoy the scenic view of the Andaman Islands and to get some fresh air on your trip, the Green Ocean is the best choice of travel. Green Ocean 1 has a total of 316 seats with 3 seating categories divided into 3 decks. The lower deck is the Deluxe category that has 161 seats, the middle deck is the Luxury category that has 106 seats and the upper deck is the Royal category with 49 seats. The middle deck also has an open-air cafeteria and an open dance space for the guests. Green Ocean 2 has a total of 198 seats. It has two decks, upper and lower deck, with 3 seating categories: Delux, Luxury, and Royal. The deluxe category has 83 seats, the luxury category has 43 seats and the royal category has 59 seats.
- Port Blair to Havelock Island (Swaraj Dweep)
- Havelock Island (Swaraj Dweep) to Port Blair
- Neil Island (Shaheed Dweep) to Port Blair
- Havelock Island (Swaraj Dweep) to Neil Island (Shaheed Dweep)
- Port Blair to Neil Island (Shaheed Dweep)
- Neil Island (Shaheed Dweep) to Havelock Island (Swaraj Dweep)
Green Ocean offers a comfortable journey from Port Blair to Havelock and takes about 2 hours to complete this journey. The first ferry is at 6:30 am in the morning from Port Blair to Havelock island and the return journey from Havelock to Port Blair starts at 3:00 pm.
Is Green Ocean Better than Government Ferries?
The pricing is higher than government ferries but the journey is more comfortable here. Bookings for Green Ocean are relatively easy to make, as schedules are readily available on their website and through authorized partners like Go2Andaman.
Facilities Available on Green Ocean Ferry
- The Deluxe seating is in the Lower Deck and provides a decent view of the ship but is generally crowded.
- The Luxury seating in Green Ocean 1 is placed on the middle deck with a clear view of the sea with a complimentary snack and a beverage. In Green Ocean 2, the Luxury seats are on the lower deck with the Deluxe seats.
- While traveling Royal class in Green Ocean 1 and 2, your seats will be placed on the uppermost deck, with the best view of the sea and a complimentary snack from the ferry.
Green Ocean’s Fleet: Green Ocean 1 & Green Ocean 2
Green Ocean 1: This was the first Green Ocean cruise to start operating from Port Blair to Havelock island. Green Ocean 1 offers 3 decks with an open air space on the middle deck. There are a total of 316 seats divided into 3 categories: Deluxe, Luxury, and Royal. There is also an open-air cafeteria and dance space with an in-built music system to keep guests entertained.
Green Ocean 2: Green Ocean is an all-air-conditioned two-deck cruise with no open deck. It is similar-looking to the Sealink and Makruzz ferries. Green Ocean 2 has a total of 198 seats divided into 3 categories: Deluxe, Luxury and Royal.
How To Book A Green Ocean Ferry?
To book a Green Ocean ferry to Havelock or Neil you can simply go to the Go2Andaman Green Ocean Andaman Ferry Booking page where you can get discounted prices and book the tickets at a lower price. You will get a confirmed ticket within 3-4 working hours.
- Go to the Green Ocean Andaman ferry booking page and select your route – Port Blair to Havelock or Havelock to Port Blair.
- Select your ferry and seat class (deluxe, luxury, royal).
- Check out and make an advance payment of 200 INR per ticket.
- You will get a confirmation mail within 3-4hours.
- Once you get the confirmation mail you have to make the rest of the payment for the ticket in 24 hours and you’ll receive your ferry tickets!
- You will get exciting discount coupons and offers once you have made the final payment.
Things to note while booking your Ferries
- If you are booking your ferry on the day of arrival in Port Blair, make sure there is a time gap of 1.5 hours to 2 hours between your flight arrival and ferry departure time. You will need to be present at the jetty at least 1 hour before the ferry departure time.
- Book your ferries in the sequence of your travel. An example: if you are going from Port Blair to Havelock to Neil & then back to Port Blair, book your ferry for Port Blair to Havelock first, then Havelock to Neil & then Neil to Port Blair.
- Please enter all your details correctly. If there is any change in title, name, age or gender then tickets will need to be canceled and reissued. This will incur cancellation charges as per our cancellation policy.
- Your tickets would be issued 3-4 working hours after payment during working hours (9 am to 6 pm IST, Mon to Sat).
- On the checkout page, please enter your full name and correct age as per your valid ID card.
- For booking tickets on Green Ocean 1 and 2, one can select a seat according to their preference from the Deluxe, Luxury and Royal categories. The seat prices start from INR 1050 and go up to INR 1350.
GO2ANDAMAN Insider Tips
- Always book ferry tickets before confirming hotels. We cannot stress on this enough. We have a number of people approaching us every season with a booked hotel at Port Blair (with a strict refund policy) looking to somehow get a ferry ticket from Havelock (Swaraj Dweep) to Port Blair. Unfortunately, once the tickets are sold out, it becomes impossible to get a ferry for that day.
- Do not leave ferry bookings to the last minute. Andaman islands have become tourist hot spots in the last couple of years leading to a shortage of ferries on all routes, whether it is Havelock to Port Blair or Havelock to Neil Island, during the peak holiday season. Hence ferry tickets get sold out weeks before the scheduled departures. We advise you to book your ferry tickets online as soon as your plan to visit the Andaman Islands is finalized.
Ferry Journey Timeline
- After booking your tickets online, you will be sent an email asking for Name, Age, and Gender of all passengers
- On providing details, receive your confirmed ticket in an email. Print this out, as soft copy tickets are not accepted.
- Reach Port Blair jetty at least 1 hour prior to your sailing time.
- Check-in your luggage and take your allotted seats.
- Set sail to Havelock, and enjoy the beautiful views of the sea. Snacks will be served on board.
- Reach Havelock jetty in 2 hours.