Mangrove Day Kayaking at Port Blair
Provided by Tanaz Kayak Tours
Gear up for a slow paddle into beautiful ocean waters alongside lush-green mangroves with great company. Experience all that the Andamans has to offer: sun, sea, and tropical greenness, with an adventurous and offbeat trip into little-explored parts of the islands.
What makes this mad adventure super-special is that you’ll get the chance to experience island solitude and bliss away from the more bustling tourist places. As adventurous as it is, it is also a very calming and soothing experience.
This trip is an off-beat experience and can seem uncomfortable in the beginning if you’ve never Kayaked before. But, the instructors go the extra mile to make you comfortable at all times and after about 15-20 mins, the entire experience starts to feel familiar and easy.
- 7 yrs +
Things You Will Experience
- Serene and therapeutic experience
- Experience the quietness of the mangroves
- Get the chance to see different bird species and breathtaking tropical views
- Learn to kayak the right way from passionate instructors who’ll help you understand the island’s unique environment
- Learn about the island & its biology from Tanaz & her team, while having an insane amount of fun kayaking along the waters with great company
This trip begins just after sunset at the Port Blair Airport pick-up point. The Kayak crew will drive you to the starting point.
From Attampahad we hike to the starting point for a short country boat ride.
At the starting point, you can choose between a single- or double-person kayak and gear up for the trip. In most cases, a double-seater is allotted but if you prefer a single-seater, you can inform the shop and they’ll provide it if it’s available. Learn the basics of Kayaking in a 10-minute session. Begin at the starting point and kayak in the open sea for 10 – 15 mins before reaching the dense mangroves. Paddle along in a relaxed manner for 80 to 120 mins and enjoy the stunning view of the tropical forests.
Kayaking Begins with a small Intrduction ( 1.5 – 2 hours session)
After the trip, you will be driven back to the pick-up point at the Port Blair Airport.
What is Included
- Pick-up and drop from Dollygunj Junction
- Certified Instructor
- Rowing Oars
- Life Jacket
- Water Bottle
What is Excluded
- Food & Beverages
What Happens After the Booking?
- You might receive a call or an e-mail in case if any extra info needed.
- You will receive the confirmation voucher on your e-mail ID.
- You will have to show the confirmation voucher to the driver on the day of your activity.
Not suited for
- Someone with a fear of water
- Physically-disabled people
- People with respiratory illnesses
- People with chronic lower-back issues **
The trip can be canceled upto 24 hours before starting time of the trip. Small 5% retention will apply on such cancellations.
Unfortunately, trips may not be canceled within 24 hours since entry tickets are acquired.
About Tanaz & Team
Tanaz is a Nat-Geo featured kayaker who runs her own Kayaking shop that is now based out of Port Blair. “Day Kayaking with Tanaz” is a result of her love for and her excellence in the sport of Kayaking.
How tiring is kayaking?
Kayaking is similar to trekking. We keep moving at a constant pace and take breaks from time to time. Moving in water is more efficient than land. To cover the same distance, kayaking takes less energy than trekking. It is an excellent workout for the upper body.
I don’t know swimming, can I go for Kayaking?
Absolutely, you will be provided a life jacket while kayaking. In the past, many participants who didn’t know how to swim have kayaked with us & enjoyed it thoroughly!
What to wear while Kayaking?
Wear comfortable clothes – t-shirts, shorts, track pants are some of the comfortable options. If possible, wear a full sleeves t-shirt to avoid sunburns. Avoid jeans or cotton t-shirts as these tend to stay wet for long. If possible, choose quick-dry clothes. For footwear, choose flip-flops, water sandals, or paddling shoes. Basically, anything that is waterproof and light.