About the activity
This photo tour is not only for expert photographers but also aimed towards beginners and ametuers who aim to enter the field of Wildlife photography. Beginners will be given a brief introduction on the skills & setting needed to help them improvise and get the perfect bird photograph. Every individual would be able to get ample time to get the shots they want. This activity aims at you making photographs you can cherish.
Birds to expect include Andaman Drongo, Andaman Bulbul, Andaman Shama, Andaman Woodpecker, Andaman Treepie, Andaman Serpent Eagle, Andaman Flowerpecker, White-headed Starling, Collared Kingfishe, Pacific Reef Egret,Vernal Hanging Parrot, Olive-backed Sunbird, Spot-breasted Woodpecker, Yellow Bittern etc.
Tour starts at 5:30 am in the morning & ends by 11 am.
- Rs 5500 for a Single Person
- Rs 6500 for a group of up to 3 Person
- Rs 500 per person extra for group size more than 3.
Hotel Pickup & Drop
Vehicle to move around during the tour
Guide & Naturalist
About the Provider
Born & brought up in the Andamans, Shakti is a marine biologist who spends most of his time on land/boat photographing birds or post-processing raw files. Having started back in 2016, Shakti has covered most of the islands of this archipelago seeing most the avifauna the islands offer. Being a photographer himself, his tour revolves around places where it’s easier to photograph the birds.
- Hotel Pickup & Drop
- Vehicle to move around during the tour
- Guide & Naturalist
- Entry Tickets
- Drinking Waters
- Start with an early morning ride at 5am to the bird hotspot. The car will pick you up from your hotel.
- Upon reaching the hotspot, walk along the forest clearance to photograph the perched birds. keep a look out for amphibians & reptiles.
- A qualified naturalist who is also a field expert will lead the tour.
- Wear Caps, Shoes and light coloured cotton clothes (full sleeves & full pants)
- Either a Long Zoom P&S camera or a DSLR with telephoto lens are preffered but not compulsory.
- One must be fit enough to walk 200 metres at a stretch to be able to do this activity.