About the activity
Find yourself surrounded by the natural beauty of the tropical islands as you partake long scenic drives and stimulating ferry rides. Explore a plastic-free island and spend a lazy afternoon by the beach, soaking in the sound of the sea. Discover the magnificence of the coral reef and swim in the crystal-clear waters. Pass by dense green forests and spot endemic birds and the famous Padauk trees, trek up a modest hill and see the Port Blair coastline unfold itself. From Wandoor to Mundapahad – this day excursion flaunts the features of the islands like never before!
8:00 am: Pick up from hotel and drop to Wandoor jetty (30kms away from City limits)
9:00 am: Take a ferry to Jolly Buoy/ Red Skin Islands
12:00 pm: Return by the same ferry to Wandoor Jetty
12:30 pm: Drop at a restaurant of your choice (in case of packed meal box, head for a picnic spot)
2:00 pm: 28 km drive to Chidiyatapu.
5:15 pm: After sunset, drive back to Hotel.
About the Provider
Designed with you in mind, our experiences are tailored or built from scratch to suit your needs. We work with the choicest of drivers and car vendors and take careful measures to ensure your safety. With the help of precision planning, our team of experts, aim at giving you the best that there is to offer.
- AC car (Indica/Scorpio/Tavera/Similar) with a driver.
- Entry tickets and permits charge to Jolly Buoy/ Red Skin Islands.
- Hop on your designated car and take a long drive to the Wandoor Jetty
- On arrival, take the ferry to Jolly Buoy/Red Skin Island
- Enjoy the splendor of the island and its fringing reefs and pristine water
- Ferry back to Wandoor jetty; on reaching, head out for lunch at a restaurant of your choice
- Take the charming drive through a thick tropical forest and arrive at Mundapahad Beach at Chidiyatapu
- Spend a leisurely late afternoon by the beach
- Take a peaceful trek up the Mundapahad hill and get a bird’s eye view of the spectacular Port Blair coastlines.
- Carry ID cards/ Passports for visiting.
- The Islands are plastic-free and all plastic items to be stored in a locker at Wandoor Jetty.
- This trip is not possible on Mondays.
- All minors to be accompanied by adult.
- Snacks/meals not included.
- Camera tickets not included.
- Jolly Buoy and Red Skin are operated alternatively for a period of 6 months. Hence only one of them is accessible at a given point of time.
- Extra charges are applicable if large diversions are made from the itinerary.