About the activity
Make the most of your visit to the Andaman Islands by adding this two-day homestay experience to your holiday. Skip the beaches and the water sports for a day and head straight to the home of Saw John, a descendant of a first-generation Karen family. See a beautiful side of the islands with John and his family while learning the art of traditional Karen cooking, and trekking through thick tropical forests – this experience only makes you wish for more.
About the Provider
Go2Andaman in partnership with Saw John, a descendant of a first-generation Karen family, bring to you handcrafted experiences and more. Encounter the Karen way of life – learn to cook a traditional meal, participate in their classic fishing sport, or just be a part of their everyday life. Besides opening their doors to tourist from all over the world, John’s family is known for their priceless hospitality which when teamed with our earnest service provides for an exclusive experience.
- Car: Scorpio, or Tavera, or Indica, or similar with driver
- Guide for the guided walk
- Traditional Karen cooking session
- All three meals during the stay
- Homestay accommodation for 1 nights
- Day 1: Take the convoy and reach the Karen Homestay at Mayabundar. Post lunch head out to the jungles of north Andaman for a guided sunset walk. The evening is saved for learning the art of traditional Karen cooking.
- Day 2: Return to Port Blair
- Carry ID cards/ Passports for visiting.
- Any kind of interaction with Jarawas including taking their pictures in illegal. If ignored, the same can lead to imprisonment
- Children to be accompanied by an adult