About the activity
Pack your bags and embark on this three-day adventure with the Karens. Explore remote parts of the Andaman and learn a thing or two about diverse cultures and traditions – you are in for a treat! Enjoy the enthusiastic hospitality of your hosts as you learn the art of traditional Karen cooking and feel one with nature as you spend a whole day in the uninhabited Avis Island. Have a gala time swimming in the azure waters or discover the wonders of the marine world while indulging in snorkeling – there isn’t a single dull moment on this tour.
About the Provider
Go2Andaman in partnership with Saw John, a descendant of a first-generation Karen family, bring to you handcrafted experiences and more. Encounter the Karen way of life – learn to cook a traditional meal, participate in their classic fishing sport, or just be a part of their everyday life. Besides opening their doors to tourist from all over the world, John’s family is known for their priceless hospitality which when teamed with our earnest service provides for an exclusive experience.
- Car: Scorpio, or Tavera, or Indica, or similar with driver
- Boat trip to Avis Island and snorkeling gear
- All three meals during the stay
- Homestay accommodation for 3 nights
- Day 1: Join the convoy and reach the Karen Homestay in Mayabundar. Evening brings with it a session on the art of traditional Karen cooking
- Day 2: Enjoy your day at Avis Island. Take a boat ride to this secluded paradise and spend the day snorkeling
- Day 3: Return to Port Blair
- Carry ID cards/ Passports for visiting.
- Any kind of interaction with Jarawas including taking their pictures in illegal. If ignored, the same can lead to imprisonment
- Children to be accompanied by an adult
- Boat to Avis island: 4 Pax max per boat