Discover Scuba Diving at Havelock
Boat / Shore Dive with Complimentary Photos & Videos
DSD or Discover Scuba Dive is the perfect course for a first-time diver. It’s a gateway to the world of Scuba-diving and to discovering the colorful marine world in the Andamans.
Havelock has a rich underwater life that will leave you feeling fascinated and awed. Meant for a beginner diver, a shore DSD is a short crash course that is inclusive of basic Scuba skills and a short 25-minute dive. You can expect to go as deep as 6 metres!
Brace yourself for stunning underwater views with a colourful & rich marine life. It’s an experience that will make you want to come back for more!
Who can Dive
- 11 years +
Other Medical Requirements
- No history of heart ailment
- Should not be pregnant
- Should have not gone under any major surgery over last 3 months
- Should be completely vaccinated.
- Regardless of which program you do, if you have had symptomatic COVID, a three-month period since full recovery and clearance from a cardiologist is mandatory.
- Early Morning slots
Arrive at the Dive shop
Fill in your dive form and waiver form
The dive staff will help you with your equipment fittings. You will be fitted with a mask, flippers, dive suit and BCD (jacket-like thing that helps you float and hold other equipment together) of your size.
A de-briefing will take place
Walk to the picturesque shore dive spot via land with your instructor
Learn the basic skills on the surface of the water
Learn to perform the skills under water
Go on your splendid Andaman dive and see colourful fish and live coral
Come back to the dive shop post-dive and receive your Discover Scuba Dive certificate
What is included
- Scuba Instructor
- All dive equipment
- Discover Scuba Dive Certificate
- Photos and Videos
What is excluded
- Pick-up and drop at Hotel/Resort
What to carry with you
- Change of clothes
- Small Towel
- Sunscreen (more than SPF 35)
- Waterproof Case for your phone
What’s the difference between a Shore and Boat Dive?
|Shore Dive||Boat Dive|
|Dive at the beautiful reef at Beach No. 2||Dive off a boat at a picturesque location close to Havelock|
|Great for beginners who may be mildly uncomfortable in the water||Perfect for beginners who are fully comfortable in the water|
|Due to its immense popularity, this spot can get a little crowded around high and peak seasons||An exclusive experience at more secluded spots|
|Can spot some colourful fish like clownfish & parrotfish. May also be able to spot a turtle close to nesting season!||Rich Underwater Reef Life with many species of fish and other marine life!|
What Happens After the Booking?
- You will receive a call or an e-mail in case of any extra info needed.
- You will receive the confirmation voucher on your e-mail ID.
- You will have to show the confirmation voucher to the driver on the day of your activity.
- The trip can be canceled upto 24 hours before starting time of the trip. Small 5% retention will apply on such cancellations.
- Unfortunately, trips may not be canceled within 24 hours since entry tickets are acquired.
- Discover Scuba Dive – Shore: INR 5299
- Discover Scuba Dive – Boat: INR 7699
About the Providers
We only work with PADI-certified dive shops on the Andaman Islands. PADI is the Professional Association of Dive Instructors and provides globally-recognised Scuba Diving certifications. Therefore, you can be assured that all our dive shops adhere to the strictest international standards. All our providers are in the top 5 dive shops on the Andamans and they include Scubalov, Lacadives, Gypsy Divers and Dive India.
Who cannot do Scuba Diving?
People with disabilities, pregnant women, people with back issues and respiratory illnesses are strictly not allowed to Scuba Dive.