About Snorkeling in Andaman
Snorkeling is a classic choice for an underwater activity. This is due to its accessibility, ease, and experience.
Below the waterline of Andaman lies a bed of coral reefs, marine life, plants, and ceaseless wonder. This serene and pristine beauty demands exploration, and there might not be a better way to do that than through Snorkeling!
India is a coastal paradise where you can experience Snorkeling. However, Andaman is an eccentric spot to experience this activity. You ask why? Here are just a few reasons-
- Over 560 species of Corals reside across the seabed in Andaman
- Most beaches in Andaman have crystal clear waters, leading to a better Snorkeling experience
- Being a primary water sport activity to do in Andaman, a Snorkeling experience will fit most budget types
- Andaman has a remote appeal, which will make you feel like you’ve reached a destination away from home
- You’ll be able to find less crowded spots in Andaman to experience this activity in serenity
- Andaman has some of the best beaches in India, owing to the spectrum of shades found in beaches and waters of this tropical paradise. From ashy sands to crystal blue waters, there’s a little something in Andaman for everyone.
For a better Snorkeling experience in a lot of conceivable aspects, Andaman is kind of ideal. The next very obvious question to tackle is- Where to go Snorkeling in Andaman?
Our recommended Snorkeling spots in Andaman
Although you can go Snorkeling anywhere in Andaman and simply love it, we have some recommended spots that will truly blow your mind. Here’s a list of the top beaches for Snorkeling in Andaman.
Spots in Port Blair
Although you can go Snorkeling anywhere in Andaman and simply love it, we have some recommended spots that will truly blow your mind. Here’s a list of the top beaches for Snorkeling in Andaman- Spots in Port Blair
If you’re staying in Port Blair, the following spot will really take your Snorkeling experience up a notch-
Known for its rich coral reserves and crystal clear waters, North Bay Island is exceptional for a Snorkeling experience. You will find multiple vendors to provide you with 20-25 minutes of exceptional Snorkeling.
If you know a bit about Andaman, you might know that Red Skin Island and Jolly Buoy are also some go spots for Snorkeling in Port Blair. However, these are currently defunct. Doesn’t mean you can’t visit these islands for a swim, a picnic, or a serene walk!
Spots in Havelock
Havelock is a *must* for Snorkeling. If you’re staying in Havelock, these might just be your go-to spots!
Beautiful skies, clear and crystal blue waters, and wonderful weather make for the perfect Snorkeling opportunity at this beach. Schools of colorful fish and an exquisite variety of coral will greet you underwater!
Reef curves and a beautiful lagoon at Neil’s Cove makes for a classic Snorkeling spot.
The white sand, shallow blue waters, and colorful creatures breathing life underwater is exactly what you need for a first-time dive. It is a must visit snorkeling spot in Havelock!
Spots in Neil
For a quiet and serene Snorkeling experience, Neil offers you a beautiful beach. Unexplored corals spread across the ocean bed will truly relax you.
Bharatpur beach is bustling with tourist activity, most likely due to its accessibility from the jetty. This vast sandy stretch and gently curving bay allow for a perfect swim. The water is so shallow that even non-swimmers can take a refreshing dip. This makes Bharatpur beach the perfect spot for everyone, including first-time divers.
Everything you need to know before you go Snorkeling in Andaman
Snorkeling demands just a little bit of thought. You might be concerned about which vendor to trust to provide a great experience, the costs that’ll come with it, rules and safety, and more.
How much will Snorkeling in Andaman cost you?
The cost of Snorkeling in Andaman is light on your pocket when compared with other water sports and activities you can find in Andaman.
The price range for the same can be anywhere between 1000-3000 INR.
Who can and can’t Snorkel?
Snorkeling is completely safe and can be done by anyone, even those who don’t know how to swim. That’s the beauty of this activity.
However, just to keep yourself safe, medical considerations shouldn’t be ignored before you decide to do this activity.
Things you need to do before Snorkeling for a safe experience
- Choose a reliable vendor
- Take your prep seriously
- Look up other experiences
- Find the perfect spot you’ll love
- Ask all the questions you have and be sure
Things you need to take care of while Snorkeling for a safe experience
- Don’t step or walk on the coral reefs. Andaman does its best to protect the colonies as they’re endangered. Lack of coral reefs can have a severe consequence on marine life.
- Don’t touch or disturb marine life while you Snorkel. If you’re lucky, you might be able to have a once-in-a-lifetime experience interacting with schools of fish.
Where to book Snorkeling in Andaman?
Finding a reliable vendor is one of the most important things to take care of before going Snorkeling. While Andaman is full of vendors and companies that can provide you with this experience, here are some signs you can look out for to select the best ones-
- Always check ratings, reviews, and customer experiences before selecting your vendors
- Ensure that certifications and permits for the same are in order
- Make sure that you are provided with an experienced trainer/instructor/guide and all the equipment you might need for diving.