Mangroves. Bioluminescence. Sunsets – You Choose.
We’ve listed 4 Best Kayaking Experiences. We tried each one of them and are only bringing you the Best of the Best.
Super Safe. Super Fun. Premium Quality Kayaks. Professional Guides. Most Captivating Scenery.
Book in Advance. Limited Slots.
And if you want to cancel? Super easy cancellation up to 24 hours before your trip — No Questions Asked.
See the Islands from the Sea
If you want to do something unique and different than just going to the beach, you should do kayaking.
A kayak is a type of canoe made up of very light material having a small opening on top for the person to sit. And kayaking is when you row this boat by yourself in calm waters.
It’s safe, perfect for any age group and you don’t need to know swimming for it. All our tours listed above are guided and lead by professional kayakers.
Why Kayaking Is The Experience You Need.
- Experience bioluminescence during night kayaking. It is a unique night phenomenon with shining waters. Remember the shining water in the movie Life of Pie? That’s what you will see in night kayaking.
- See the spectacular starlit sky with zero light pollution.
- Kayak with professional kayaking guide with years of experience. They will teach you how to kayak, show you bioluminescence and take to spots where you can do star-gazing.
- Capture Instagram-worthy pictures in lush green mangroves, away from the hustle-bustle of the touristy spots during day kayaking.
- Feel relaxed, breath fresh air and experience peace in the midst of nature.
- Meet other adventurous travelers joining the group.
How to book a Kayaking experience online?
Choose from the different options available below. Click on the ‘Book Kayak Tour’ button, enter your details, book for a date convenient to you and that’s it! Your kayaking tour will be booked.
How To Choose Your Kayak?
Should you go for Kayaking in Port Blair or Havelock?
Both the islands provide a good kayaking experience. Kayaking in Port Blair will not have Mangrove forests but open ocean and clear skies. Kayaking in Havelock will be done in the mangrove forests mainly. Choose the one that suits your timing. Kayaking in Port Blair is priced slightly lower than the kayaking in Havelock.
Should you go for Day Kayaking or Night Kayaking?
While the 10-minute skills lesson, the route and the water activity remain the same, what you will see during the day and in the night will differ quite a bit.
During the day, you’ll be taking in tropical views, bird species and the view of the mangroves.
At night, the trip will be centered around experiencing bioluminescence (shining waters) and star-gazing.
Note: Night Kayaking only happens during specific periods of the month around no-moon days. So, drop us a message to know if it’s happening around your travel dates.
What will happen after you book a Kayaking trip?
- You will get a confirmation email on the same email ID that you used for booking.
- On the day of the tour, you will be taken to the kayaking starting point where you will meet your guide and kayaks.
- You will choose between a single- or double-person kayak.
- Guide will brief you on how to use the kayaks, oars, life jackets etc. You will get all the details of the route & plan for the tour.
- You will sit in your kayaks & go in the open sea before reaching the dense mangroves. The guide and your group will be with you.
- You will take pictures, enjoy the scenery & unique nature around you.
- Your kayaking tour will end at the same point it started from.
- You will return to your hotel / any other drop-off point.
Here’s what people say about kayaking experience in the Andamans:
You DON’T have to worry about:
- Swimming: You don’t need to know swimming to go on a kayaking trip. You will get life jackets for safety. The kayaking guides will be on the trip with you for any issues.
- Clothes & shoes: You don’t need to buy anything special. Wear comfortable clothes that don’t stick to the body like cotton. Avoid jeans, frocks, sareers, leather boots or sports shoes.
- Permit: The kayaking guides have the right permits to kayaking in the mangroves. You don’t need to go through any hassle of permissions from any authority.
What is included and excluded in this experience?
- Rowing Oars
- Life Jacket
- Certified Instructor
- Pick-up and drop from and at a pick-up point
- Water Bottle
- Food & Beverages
Why you should book your kayaking tour NOW?
There are three reasons there are limited spots for kayaking in the Andamans:
- Limited kayaks available: Kayaking guides have limited number of kayaks and at once, only 1 or 2 people can sit on the kayak.
- Professional kayakers are busy: There are not many professional kayakers in the Andamans and with everyone wanting to do this offbeat activity, their slots are busy.
- Depends on tides of the ocean & phases of the moon: Kayaking needs suitable water conditions. The tides should be conducive to the direction you want to go in. That happens only at certain times of the day. So kayaking can’t be done at just any time of the day. There are limited number of windows per day when you can kayak.
Because of these three reasons, kayaking slots fill up pretty fast and people book their kayaking trips as soon as their trip is finalised. So if you don’t want to miss out on this off-beat, full of nature activity, click on the button below and book your tour NOW.
Book Your Kayaking in the Andaman Islands Now
Frequently Asked Questions – Kayaking in Andaman
What is Kayaking?
- Kayaking is a water-sport that involves moving on water with a small boat-like structure with the help of a double-sided paddle or oar. There are single- and double-seater kayaks.
I don’t know swimming, can I go for Kayaking?
Absolutely, you will be provided a life jacket while kayaking. In the past, many participants who didn’t know how to swim have kayaked with us & enjoyed it thoroughly!
Is Kayaking tiring?
Kayaking is comparable to trekking in terms of the amount of energy it takes. The group moves at an even, constant pace and takes breaks from time-to-time. It is a fun and excellent way to exercise your upper body.
Is Kayaking in the Andamans safe?
Kayaking is perfectly safe if done with reputed vendors who have the experience and a deep understanding of the sea. AT GO2ANDAMAN, we only work with operators who have the right credentials & certifications. We test out the experience ourselves before deciding on who we’ll work with.
What to carry for Kayaking?
- Extra Pair of clothes to change after completing the trip
- A small towel
- Hat / Cap
- Waterproof case for your phone
What to wear while Kayaking?
Wear comfortable clothes – t-shirts, shorts, track pants are some of the comfortable options. If possible, wear a full sleeves t-shirt to avoid sunburns. Avoid jeans or cotton t-shirts as these tend to stay wet for long. If possible, choose quick-dry clothes. For footwear, choose flip-flops, water sandals, or paddling shoes. Basically, anything that is waterproof and light.