A holiday in Andaman is incomplete without a trip to the exotic islands of Havelock and Neil. Both these places are the most visited islands on the Andamans. Naturally, everyone going for an Andaman island experience spends 2-3 days in Havelock/Neil and for this, they take a 90 minutes ferry from Port Blair.
Makruzz is the most well known ferry on the islands, as the Makruzz ferry was the first to start operating in the islands. Although the routes and the pricing are almost the same as other ferries, there are marked differences in the nature of the facilities and services offered on the ferries.
About Makruzz Ferry
Makruzz is a high speed fully air-conditioned catamaran ferry. It has three classes of travel with 250+ seats collectively on three levels. Private ferries like Makruzz, run on time, are clean and well-organized, with ferry staff to assist you at all points. Makruzz ferry to Havelock and Neil Island can be booked online through their website or through authorized partners like Go2andaman.
Makruzz Seat Categories
The easiest, fastest, and most convenient way to get to Havelock from Port Blair is via a private ferry and the Makruzz AC catamaran is a great choice for your travel. The boat has two decks and four categories of seats: Premium, Premium +, Deluxe, and Royal. Premium and Premium + seats are available on the lower deck with the Premium + seats having a window view. The upper deck accommodates the Deluxe and Royal seats with the royal class having eight pushback seats in a private cabin.
Makruzz Ferry Routes
- Port Blair → Havelock Island (Swaraj Dweep)
- Havelock Island (Swaraj Dweep) → Neil Island (Shaheed Dweep)
- Neil Island (Shaheed Dweep) → Port Blair
- Havelock Island (Swaraj Dweep) → Port Blair
- Neil Island (Shaheed Dweep) → Havelock Island (Swaraj Dweep)
- Port Blair → Neil Island (Shaheed Dweep)
Havelock to Neil takes around 1 hr and the journey starts at 10 am in the morning. For the Port Blair return journey one can take a Makruzz ferry from Neil Island which reaches Port Blair in 1 and half hours. A similar ferry ride is available from Havelock around 4 pm. They have different categories of tickets – Deluxe class, Premium +, and Premium class which is further divided into lower deck and upper deck accommodation.
Is Makruzz Ferry better than Government Ferries?
The pricing is higher than government ferries but the journey is more comfortable here. Makruzz booking is relatively easy as schedules are easily available on their website and can be easily booked.
Facilities Available on Makruzz Ferry:
- The Premium seating is in the Lower Deck and comes with side and front windows, but it’s generally more crowded.
- The Deluxe class in Makruzz ferry comes with an upper deck seating along with complimentary breakfast which offers a beautiful view of the sea and surrounding islands. However, you won’t get a front view here as the captain’s cabin is on the upper deck. You will get excellent side views from your side windows in the Deluxe Class.
- If you are traveling Royal Class, you will get a backside seating arrangement on the upper deck. This gives a good view from the side windows and the huge back windows.
Makruzz’s Ferry Fleet: Makruzz, Makruzz Gold & Makruzz Pearl
Makruzz aka. Makruzz 1: A state-of-the-art vessel brought in from Singapore, Makruzz is the oldest of the 3 ferries owned and operated by MAK Logistics. It has two air-conditioned decks with a capacity to carry 280 passengers. It has 3 seating categories: 8 Royal seats, 64 Deluxe seats and 208 Premium seats.
Makruzz Gold aka. Makruzz 2: Another acquisition from Singapore, Gold was added to the Makruzz fleet after the first ferry experienced immense success. It has two air-conditioned decks with a capacity to carry 333 passengers. It has 3 seating categories: 8 Royal seats, 63 Deluxe seats and 262 Premium seats.
Makruzz Pearl aka. Makruzz 3: With a single deck and a seating capacity for 250 passengers, Makruzz Pearl was built in and acquired from Australia. It only has a single seating category which is 250 Premium seats.
How To Book A Makruzz Ferry?
To book a makruzz ferry to Havelock or Neil you can simply go to the Go2Andaman Makruzz Andaman ferry booking page where you can get discounted prices and book the tickets at a lower price. You will get a confirmed ticket within 3-4 working hours.
- Go to the Makruzz Andaman ferry booking page and select your route – Port Blair to Havelock, Havelock to Neil, Neil to Havelock, Neil to Port Blair or Havelock to Port Blair.
- Select your ferry and seat class (deluxe, premium, royal).
- Check out and make an advance payment of 200 INR per ticket.
- You will get a confirmation mail within 3-4hours.
- Once you get the confirmation mail you have to make the rest of the payment for the ticket in 24 hours and you’ll receive your ferry tickets!
- You will get exciting discount coupons and offers once you have made the final payment.
Things to note while booking your Ferries
- If you are booking your ferry on the day of arrival in Port Blair, make sure there is a time gap of 1.5 hours to 2 hours between your flight arrival and ferry departure time. You will need to be present at the jetty at least 1 hour before the ferry departure time.
- Book your ferries in the sequence of your travel. An example: if you are going from Port Blair to Havelock to Neil & then back to Port Blair, book your ferry for Port Blair to Havelock first, then Havelock to Neil & then Neil to Port Blair.
- Please enter all your details correctly. If there is any change in title, name, age or gender then tickets will need to be canceled and reissued. This will incur cancellation charges as per our cancellation policy.
- Your tickets would be issued 3-4 working hours after payment during working hours (9 am to 6 pm IST, Mon to Sat).
- On the checkout page, please enter your full name and correct age as per your valid ID card.
- All seats in Makruzz-3 are issued under the Economy Category and there is no distinction like Premium, Deluxe or Royal. There’s only one category of seats which are all priced the same.
GO2ANDAMAN Insider Tips
- Always book ferry tickets before confirming hotels. We cannot stress on this enough. We have a number of people approaching us every season with a booked hotel at Port Blair (with a strict refund policy) looking to somehow get a ferry ticket from Havelock (Swaraj Dweep) to Port Blair. Unfortunately, once the tickets are sold out, it becomes impossible to get a ferry for that day.
- Do not leave ferry bookings to the last minute. Andaman islands have become tourist hot spots in the last couple of years leading to a shortage of ferries on all routes, whether it is Havelock to Port Blair or Havelock to Neil Island, during the peak holiday season. Hence ferry tickets get sold out weeks before the scheduled departures. We advise you to book your ferry tickets online as soon as your plan to visit the Andaman Islands is finalized.
Ferry Journey Timeline
- After booking your tickets online, you will be sent an email asking for Name, Age, and Gender of all passengers
- On providing details, receive your confirmed ticket in an email. Print this out, as soft copy tickets are not accepted.
- Reach Port Blair jetty at least 1 hour prior to your sailing time.
- Check-in your luggage and take your allotted seats.
- Set sail to Havelock, and enjoy the beautiful views of the sea. Snacks will be served on board.
- Reach Havelock jetty in 90 minutes.