A holiday in Andaman is incomplete without a trip to the exotic islands of Havelock and Neil. Both these places are the most visited islands on the Andamans. Naturally, everyone going for an Andaman island experience spends 2-3 days in Havelock/Neil and for this, they take a 90 minutes ferry from Port Blair.
Sealink is one of the ferries that operate from Port Blair to Havelock and Neil, and back. With plush interiors, spacious seats, and ultra-modern features, it represents great hospitality and warmth. The route and pricing of Sealink is similar to the other ferries but what makes it stand out is its features and services.
Private ferries such as Sealink are spacious, clean, hygienic, and run on time. Sealink takes 2 hours to complete a journey from Port Blair to Havelock island. The Sealink ferry, when compared to other ferries operating in the same route, is smaller. Ferries like Makruzz and green ocean have larger seating areas and space as compared to Sealink. The Sealink ferry to Havelock and Neil Island can be booked online through their website or through authorized partners like Go2Andaman.
To make your journey to Havelock and Neil comfortable and memorable, you can choose private ferries such as Sealink. Sealink ferry has three categories of seating namely Premium, Premium Plus and Business. The Premium seats are located in the lower deck and there are 88 seats in all, Premium Plus on the upper deck has 81 seats and Business seats are also located on the upper deck with 27 seats.
- Port Blair to Havelock Island (Swaraj Dweep)
- Havelock Island (Swaraj Dweep) to Neil Island (Shaheed Dweep)
- Neil Island (Shaheed Dweep) to Port Blair
- Havelock Island (Swaraj Dweep) to Port Blair
The journey with Sealink from Port Blair to Havelock starts at 7:45 am in the morning, which takes about 2 hours. From Havelock to Neil, Sealink takes around 1 hr and 15 minutes and the journey starts at 2 pm. For the Port Blair return journey, one can take a Sealink ferry from Neil Island at 3:30 pm which reaches Port Blair in 1 and half hours. They have different categories of tickets – Premium, Premium Plus and Business class.
Is Sealink Better than Government Ferries?
The pricing is higher than government ferries but the journey is more comfortable here. Sealink’s schedule is readily available on their website and can be easily booked.
Facilities Available on Sealink Ferry:
- The Premium seating is in the Lower Deck and comes with side and front windows, but it’s generally more crowded.
- The Premium Plus class in Sealink ferry comes with Upper Deck seating which offers a beautiful view of the sea and the surrounding islands. In the Premium Plus seating, you won’t get a front view of the sea because of the Sealink ship design but you can enjoy an excellent view of the sea from the side windows.
- If you are travelling in Business class, you will be comfortably placed on the upper deck where there are 27 seats. You can enjoy the side-face views of the sea.
Sealink’s Fleet: Sealink Ferry and Nautika
Sealink Ferry: The Sealink ferry is imported from Singapore and offers an exquisite experience to its travelers. It has 3 seat classes with a total of 196 seats.
Nautika: Nautika is the newest ferry which was recently launched in 2021. It is a brand new ferry constructed in Singapore and can approximately carry 280 passengers.
How To Book A Sealink Ferry?
To book a Sealink ferry to Havelock or Neil you can simply go to the Go2Andaman Sealink Andaman ferry booking page where you can get discounted prices and book the tickets at a lower price. You will get a confirmed ticket within 3-4 working hours.
- Go to the Sealink Andaman ferry booking page and select your route – Port Blair to Havelock, Havelock to Neil, Neil to Port Blair, or Havelock to Port Blair via Neil.
- Select your ferry and seat class (premium, premium plus & business).
- Check out and make an advance payment of 200 INR per ticket.
- You will get a confirmation mail within 3-4 hours.
- Once you get the confirmation mail you have to make the rest of the payment for the ticket in 24 hours and you’ll receive your ferry tickets!
- You will get exciting discount coupons and offers once you have made the final payment.
Things to note while booking your Ferries
- If you are booking your ferry on the day of arrival in Port Blair, make sure there is a time gap of 1.5 hours to 2 hours between your flight arrival and ferry departure time. You will need to be present at the jetty at least 1 hour before the ferry departure time.
- Book your ferries in the sequence of your travel. An example: if you are going from Port Blair to Havelock to Neil & then back to Port Blair, book your ferry for Port Blair to Havelock first, then Havelock to Neil & then Neil to Port Blair.
- Please enter all your details correctly. If there is any change in title, name, age or gender then tickets will need to be canceled and reissued. This will incur cancellation charges as per our cancellation policy.
- Your tickets would be issued 3-4 working hours after payment during working hours (9 am to 6 pm IST, Mon to Sat).
- On the checkout page, please enter your full name and correct age as per your valid ID card.
In Sealink, there are three categories of seats. The Premium seat is priced at INR 1407, the Premium Plus ticket is priced at INR 1466, and the Business class tickets are priced at INR 1820.
GO2ANDAMAN Insider Tips
- Always book ferry tickets before confirming hotels. We cannot stress on this enough. We have a number of people approaching us every season with a booked hotel at Port Blair (with a strict refund policy) looking to somehow get a ferry ticket from Havelock (Swaraj Dweep) to Port Blair. Unfortunately, once the tickets are sold out, it becomes impossible to get a ferry for that day.
- Do not leave ferry bookings to the last minute. Andaman islands have become tourist hot spots in the last couple of years leading to a shortage of ferries on all routes, whether it is Havelock to Port Blair or Havelock to Neil Island, during the peak holiday season. Hence ferry tickets get sold out weeks before the scheduled departures. We advise you to book your ferry tickets online as soon as your plan to visit the Andaman Islands is finalized.
Ferry Journey Timeline
- After booking your tickets online, you will be sent an email asking for Name, Age and Gender of all passengers
- On providing details, receive your confirmed ticket in an email. Print this out, as soft copy tickets are not accepted.
- Reach Port Blair jetty at least 1 hour prior to your sailing time.
- Check-in your luggage and take your allotted seats.
- Set sail to Havelock, and enjoy the beautiful views of the sea. Snacks will be served on board.
- Reach Havelock jetty in 2 hours.