A holiday in Andaman is incomplete without a trip to the exotic islands of Havelock and Neil. Both these places are the most visited islands on the Andamans. Naturally, everyone going for an Andaman island experience spends 2-3 days in Havelock/Neil and for this, they take a 90 minutes ferry from Port Blair.
Aashi Ferry is the newest addition to the cruise services operating from Port Blair to Havelock and Neil Island. Aashi ferry offers a comfortable journey to travellers and has a seating capacity of 290 seats. The route and pricing of Aashi Ferry are similar to the other ferries but what makes it stand out is its features and services. The Aashi ferry to Havelock and Neil Island can be booked online through their website or through authorized partners like Go2Andaman.
Aashi ferry is the newest addition to the cruise lines operating in the Andaman and Nicobar islands. The ferry offers a comfortable journey to Havelock and Neil island. It takes about 1 hour and 45 minutes to complete a one-way trip. The ferry has a capacity of 290 seats divided into two categories: Premium and Deluxe. There is an open deck, where the travelers can step out for some fresh air. Aashi ferry is a fully air-conditioned ferry.
Aashi Ferry has two seating categories: Premium and Deluxe. The Premium seats are placed on the lower deck in a fully air-conditioned space and the Deluxe seats are placed on the upper deck.
- Port Blair to Havelock Island (Swaraj Dweep)
- Havelock Island (Swaraj Dweep) to Neil Island (Shaheed Dweep)
- Neil Island (Shaheed Dweep) to Port Blair
- Havelock Island (Swaraj Dweep) to Port Blair
Aashi offers a journey from Port Blair to Havelock Island and takes about 1 hour and 45 minutes. The first trip starts at 7:15 am in the morning. You can also book this ferry from Havelock to Neil island and Port Blair. The journey starts at 10:45 am. Aashi ferry also offers a journey back to Port Blair from Neil island at 3:40 PM.
Is Aashi Better than Government Ferries?
The pricing is higher than government ferries but the journey is more comfortable here. Aashi Ferry booking is relatively easy as schedules are readily available on their website.
Facilities Available on Aashi Ferry:
- The Premium seating is in the Lower Deck and comes with side and front windows, but it’s generally more crowded.
- The Deluxe class in Aashi ferry comes with Upper Deck seating which offers a beautiful view of the sea and the surrounding islands.
How To Book Aashi Ferry?
To book an Aashi ferry to Havelock or Neil you can simply go to the Go2Andaman Aashi Andaman ferry booking page where you can get discounted prices and book the tickets at a lower price. You will get a confirmed ticket within 3-4 working hours.
- Go to the Aashi Andaman ferry booking page and select your route – Port Blair to Havelock, Havelock to Neil, Neil to Port Blair, or Havelock to Port Blair via Neil.
- Select your ferry and seat class (premium, premium plus & business).
- Check out and make an advance payment of 200 INR per ticket.
- You will get a confirmation mail within 3-4 hours.
- Once you get the confirmation mail you have to make the rest of the payment for the ticket in 24 hours and you’ll receive your ferry tickets!
- You will get exciting discount coupons and offers once you have made the final payment.
Things to note while booking your Ferries
- If you are booking your ferry on the day of arrival in Port Blair, make sure there is a time gap of 1.5 hours to 2 hours between your flight arrival and ferry departure time. You will need to be present at the jetty at least 1 hour before the ferry departure time.
- Book your ferries in the sequence of your travel. An example: if you are going from Port Blair to Havelock to Neil & then back to Port Blair, book your ferry for Port Blair to Havelock first, then Havelock to Neil & then Neil to Port Blair.
- Please enter all your details correctly. If there is any change in title, name, age or gender then tickets will need to be canceled and reissued. This will incur cancellation charges as per our cancellation policy.
- Your tickets would be issued 3-4 working hours after payment during working hours (9 am to 6 pm IST, Mon to Sat).
- On the checkout page, please enter your full name and correct age as per your valid ID card.
- In Aashi, there are two categories of seats. The premium seat is priced at INR 1568, and the deluxe class tickets are priced at INR 2038.
GO2ANDAMAN Insider Tips
- Always book ferry tickets before confirming hotels. We cannot stress on this enough. We have a number of people approaching us every season with a booked hotel at Port Blair (with a strict refund policy) looking to somehow get a ferry ticket from Havelock (Swaraj Dweep) to Port Blair. Unfortunately, once the tickets are sold out, it becomes impossible to get a ferry for that day.
- Do not leave ferry bookings to the last minute. Andaman islands have become tourist hot spots in the last couple of years leading to a shortage of ferries on all routes, whether it is Havelock to Port Blair or Havelock to Neil Island, during the peak holiday season. Hence ferry tickets get sold out weeks before the scheduled departures. We advise you to book your ferry tickets online as soon as your plan to visit the Andaman Islands is finalized.
Ferry Journey Timeline
- After booking your tickets online, you will be sent an email asking for Name, Age and Gender of all passengers
- On providing details, receive your confirmed ticket in an email. Print this out, as soft copy tickets are not accepted.
- Reach Port Blair jetty at least 1 hour prior to your sailing time.
- Check-in your luggage and take your allotted seats.
- Set sail to Havelock, and enjoy the beautiful views of the sea. Snacks will be served on board.
- Reach Havelock jetty in 2 hours.